Thursday, July 2, 2009

Episode 2: The So-Called Marketing Experts



Show notes:

Feedback
- like it, but don't record in front of a waterfall

ASCAP New York Sessions
- I'm not happy with ASCAP, but that's a whole other show
- I attended New York Sessions back in March, wasn't worth it, but I'm glad I went
- I attended the Marketing from the Driver's Seat panel - basically do it yourself marketing
- panelists:
Moderator - Jonathan Romley - Founder, CEO - ArtistForce
Reed Calhoun - Director, Artist Relations - ArtistForce, Artist - Rock Kills Kid; Songwriter - Plain White T's
Jonathan Eshak - Artist Manager, Brett Dennen, The Walkmen - Mick Management
Irving Fain - Director, Digital Marketing & Content - Clear Channel Online Music & Radio
Lawrence Peryer - President - 23 Omnimedia
Thomas Silverman - Founder, CEO - Tommy Boy Entertainment
Lucy Weber - Publicist - Swift PR
- the panel went over the usual stuff: MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- 2 people then asked "what's next?"
- THEY COULDN'T ANSWER
- That's when I realized they don't know any more than I do
- So what do they have that I don't?
1. money
2. connections
- this realization was encouraging and discouraging at the same time

Question for you
- Has setting up a Facebook fan page for you helped?
- Are you getting any new fans from it, or is it just another place for your existing fans?

Feedback to workingindiemusician@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment